Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dancing!!

My family has been throwing fun dance parties for years. It started with family weddings and then slowly grew into Halloween, birthday and then any other reason or theme you can think of. Over these years we realized how to get people moving on the dance floor... it starts with game type dances. YMCA, Chicken Dance, Train type dances (Locomotion, Quad City's C'mon 'N Ride It) and games like the Limbo, Hokey Pokey. Dances that get people moving and let kids and adults have fun together. We have a lot of fun with it. Mixed in with popular dance music we also have our DJ play a ton of old time rock in roll hits at our parties. They are a lot of fun to move to and are our family's favorite type of dance music. Those type of tunes are always family friendly too. 
Picture my sister Heather took,

all other photos by Portraits & Paws

 

You can't tell by these photos but we had about 100 people at the party! It was a great turn out.

1 comment:

  1. I've just found your blogs by mistake- just wanted to find some graphic in google search and made typo bird=birth.. found your picture and gone through your blogs.. you inspired me.. really. Mother of 7 and I struggle with one:) I admire you guys.. I am sure you are great family, to have such parents its a treasure. !All the best!

    btw Pretty daughter just like her mum
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete